- Before to get to Galapagos Islands you need to obtain the Transit control card issued by The Governing Council of Galapagos (Galapagos migration department). You can obtain it directly in the counters of this department in Guayaquil airport (GYE) or Quito airport (UIO) the same day of your flight, if you want to speed up the process you can do the online pre-check in and pick up your transit card in the counters of migration department.This card has a price of 20 USD per person and you should show it in the airport mentioned above.
- Once you get to Baltra or Seymour Airport (GPS), you should show your transit card and do the entrance fee payment to the Galapagos National Park (domestic and foreign people), next you have the amounts to pay according to each case.
- Show your hotel reservation with your travel dates and your roundtrip flight ticket (Optional), Updated 10/07/2017. Source: Consejo del Régimen Especial de Galápagos.
|GALAPAGOS NATIONAL PARK ENTRANCE FEES|
|Non-resident foreign tourists in Ecuador over 12 years old||US$100|
|Non-resident foreign tourists in Ecuador under 12 years old||US $50|
|Non-resident foreign tourists in Ecuador over 12 years old, citizens of one of the countries belonging to the Andean Community of Nations or Mercosur *||US $50|
|Non-resident foreign tourists in Ecuador under 12 years old, citizens of one of the countries belonging to the Andean Community of Nations or Mercosur *||US $25|
|Ecuadorians or foreign tourists resident in Ecuador over 12 years old||US $6|
|Ecuadorians or foreign tourists resident in Ecuador under 12 years old||US $3|
|Tourists, non-resident foreign students in Ecuador who are enrolled in an Ecuadorian educational institutions||US $25|
|National or foreign tourists under 2 years old are exempt from payment of this tax.|
* MESCOSUR countries: Argentina, Brasil, Paraguay, Uruguay, Venezuela.
* CAN Members: Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Perú.
- As an ecological airport, there is no baggage conveyors, so the airport staff will put your luggage in an open room for an Anti-drug dog’s inspection. After this, you can pick your luggage and proceed to the exit to give your baggage declaration to the authorities.
- Go to the bus stop outside of the terminal and wait. Take your airline bus to “Canal de Itabaca” (7 Minutes) *, be careful not to take the wrong bus to the Baltra cruises port)
- Once you get to “Canal de Itabaca” give your luggage to boats – ferries staff so they will put in the designated areas, after this do the embarkation to go to Santa Cruz Island (5 Minutes – 1USD) *
- Once you get to Santa Cruz island you will have two choices to get to Puerto Ayora:
- Take a taxi directly to Mi Caleta Inn (25USD all taxi, 4 people max.), 30 to 40 minutes approximately.
- Take a bus to Puerto Ayora (3 USD per person) 45 to 60 minutes approximately.
- If you take this option you should get off on the pier (Last stop) and take a taxi (1,50 usd) to Mi Caleta Inn or walk to our place(8 minutes*)
- *Times may vary.
Contact us if you need a transfer service from the ariport or from “Canal de Itabaca” (Santa Cruz side), we will be glad to assist you.